Sunday, April 6, 2014

Strategy/Plan for Research

For my final research project, I plan on giving a survey to about 30 people. I will split the results into two groups, 10 people from the ages of 14-25, 10 people aged 26-64, and 10 people aged 65+. I will be asking about 20 questions using a Google doc and a printed copy, whichever would be easiest for the person. I will be asking everyone the same questions so I will try to make it possible for every age group to relate to the question. The survey will consist of a broad array of questions about ageism. I will try to find out how people in each age group are personally affected by ageism and how many are actually a little ageist themselves. My hypothesis is that teenagers and elderly adults will be more affected by ageism than middle-aged adults. I also think that all three groups will be somewhat equally ageist towards each other. (For example, teens will stereotype the elderly, the elderly will stereotype teens, and middle-aged adults will stereotype both teens and the elderly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment